How Picasso Constitute Subject Matter for his Painting

Picasso-Intro-paul-in-a-clown-suit
"Paul in a Clown Suit" 1924. The painting is of Picasso's son, Paul.

#377

Today'southward commodity is taking a expect at Picasso, his paintings, and how he finds his bailiwick matter. How practise you get the subject matter for your paintings or photography? Well, the subjects for photography are easy for me information technology seems, merely when I sit down downward and try to describe I accept no thought what I should sketch. Keep in heed I'1000 not bang-up at drawing, but I would still like to sketch every now and so to come across where I go with it. And then again, what should I draw? Join in and see what we can learn from Picasso to inspire our work!

What to Draw

Yeah, there are lots of things I could draw, but what defines me? I need to practice proportions, anatomy, shading…all kinds of stuff…that's why copying the masters is good. Copying someone is far from unique though. They say "sex sells," only I don't want to default to the nude female like everyone else…I'd rather create something of my own. It finally striking me when I was watching an excellent documentary most Picasso and his life.

Beneath is the video which sparked the inspiration. There is a part in the video where they say Picasso's paintings are a diary of his life. As nosotros look at the examples below we can run into this is true. The majority of his work includes the people and events in his life. This is astonishing, why didn't I think of that?! I've been inspired past Bouguereau, Degas, Van Gogh…I really like love their paintings, simply if I were to draw a Satyr, Ballerina, or Sunflower, I wouldn't really feel like it was expressing what I wanted.

So, now that I know inspiration can be pulled from my own life, the possibilities are countless! I tin draw or paint scenes from my babyhood. Good memories, bad, exciting adventures, loved ones, pets, toys…so much to cull from and information technology will all hateful something special to me. If I run out of inspiration there for some reason I can always pull it from the impressions the world makes on me. What I find humorous, pitiful, or exciting. I can even employ unlike symbols (see Solar day 364) to represent things in my art. I hope this inspires you to take a look at your own life and possibilities for the subject area matter of your art.

Below you'll find Picasso'southward paintings likewise as a niggling description of who it was in relation to. Thank you for the back up everyone, see yous next fourth dimension!

Picasso-Painting-asleep
"Asleep" 1932. The model of this painting is Picasso's mistress Marie Therese.
Picasso-Painting-bathers
"Bathers" 1918. Picasso spent all his summers at the beach, showtime at Biarritz, then on the Cote d'Azur or in Dinard. These journeys inspired him to create a series of works on the theme of bathers.
Picasso-Painting-dora-maar-au-chat
"Dora Maar au Chat" 1941. This is one of Picasso'south almost valued depictions of his lover and artistic companion.
family-of-saltimbanques
"Saltimbanques" 1905. The circus troupe is assembled as if departing, both literally and metaphorically, in terms of Picasso'south development. Picasso is over again Harlequin, holding the little girl, mayhap his beloved younger sister, Conchita, whose tragic death from diphtheria at the age of seven afflicted Picasso securely. He bargained that he would never pigment again if she survived, then her death created his first obsessive, recurrent connection between art, life, and expiry in his work. The paunchy jester is the Symbolist Apollinaire, and the older male child-acrobat is either the poet Max Jacob or the poet Andre Salmon. Picasso's lover at the time, Fernande, is probably the adult female strangely separated from the group.
Picasso-Painting-girl-before-a-mirror
"Daughter Earlier a Mirror" 1932. The young girl is Marie Therese Walter over again and was painted multiple times by Picasso.
Picasso-girl-in-a-chemise
"Girl in a Chemise" 1904. This face is probably of new his mistress, Madeleine, featured in a series of erotic drawings.
Picasso-Painting-maya-with-her-doll
"Maya with her Doll" 1938. Every bit daughter Maya plays with her doll, adoring father Picasso plays with his latest artistic processing of infinite and colour. The plastic stage of figurative distortion is connected, while the characteristics of the face are pushed and remolded, as though synthetic from modeling clay.

Salvage Salve

Salvage Save